Tuesday, January 15, 2008

God's Gifts in the Age of Science

Happy New Year!

I was reading Holly's story about the "Heathen Hippy Child" on her blog and was edified in thinking about spiritual things. I was thinking about how God prepares gifts for us to be recieved at just the right times when we need them, and I looked at my desktop wallpaper. On my desktop, I have a Hubble image of thousands of tiny galaxies. I was gazing at this picture and thinking about Creation, and I thought about all the neat nebulae, star clusters, galaxies, and other beautiful features out there. Then, I thought about how these objects were out there (probably now in different forms--they say the light from these far-off space objects take billions of years to hit Earth) waiting to be discovered by sentient beings. I think that God created these gifts for us (and possibly other sentient beings) for us to discover and remember that for all of our technology, God is still there.

For Holly's Story:
Part I
Part II

No comments: