Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Day After

I have been hearing that many people are worried now that Obama is going to be our president come January of 2009. I didn't vote for Obama, but I wish him the best and I hope he makes the economy better, protects us, and uses his executive power fairly. I am proud of my country for making history, even though I disagree with him more than I agree.

Worriers, Obama is not a king. He's a president, and if you don't like the policies he puts forth, you can raise hell with your representative or senator. Also, the Supreme Court can always say that something is unconstitutional when they judge as such.

You also have power in your own state, regardless of who is president. If you're a liberal, conservative, somewhere in between, or consider yourself totally off the map, you can vote in local elections and state elections if you want to make your voice heard. States have their own power, too.

I would like to add that as President, Obama is privy to information that we may never hear. He has already been briefed on at least some of the confidential information presidents have to hear. Obama is no longer going to run a campaign--he is going to have to lead, and things may be much worse out there than we realize. He may have to make some adjustments to his original plans in order to do what he thinks is best, whether that be going further to the left or going towards the middle.

I believe that if you pray in any way, just pray that Obama does the right thing with his power, whatever that may be. Pray for him and his family, and all the senators, representatives, and judges at every level of government. You don't have to agree with those in political offices, but understand a great deal of responsibility rests on their shoulders.

Besides, if you really don't like a politician, you can always cast a vote to vote them out. I seriously doubt that we'll ever lose that right.

No comments: