Saturday, February 02, 2008

This Blog

I have been struggling with being honest with myself and with my faith, and I have finally been honest with myself on the making of this blog. I feel that this blog is a waste of Internet space. It concerns my own thoughts and revelations that may only apply to me, and may be irrelevant to anyone else. I also think that this blog is rather ego-centered rather than Christ-centered. I think I started out trying to be a teacher or to have some huge impact on people before I really knew what I was doing. I'm not giving up my faith, but I am considering closing this blog down for good. I have so much going on at school and other things I want to do, and the "fight" against Fundamentalism seems fruitless. Those who don't like Fundamentalism can see what's wrong with it, and those who are entangled in it are not going to suddenly come out of it upon coming across a website. The way I got out of Fundamentalism because people on a casual, personal basis were directly challenging my thoughts. I also think that this blog gives me an excuse to shy away from talking directly people when I should.

I think the only thing left to do is to pray and talk to people who want answers. If people don't want to hear of it or only want to condemn, then there is nothing left to do but pray and leave it to God.

I am going to keep this blog up for the time being until I am moved to do something else with it, whether it be closing it down or turning it into something useful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once had a blog on livejournal. I would write the most personal things on there, and I wanted to be sincere on there. I found, however, that my ego was creeping into my writings ever so subtly. I crafted words to make things ring a certain way and to make certain impressions. I was honest but with a slight twist.

I felt bad about it, so I closed it down. But I had many people tell me how 'inspired' they were by my writings in ways that I didn't expect. I have thought about writing again, but I know the only way I can be truly transparent is to be anonymous so that no one knows who I am.

<>< Eirinikos (from tentmaker)