Thursday, September 08, 2005

Spikes

I have been sick lately, and this has been causing my OCD to spike a bit. While I can handle these spikes, sometimes they plough through anyway. I just have to work through it and gradually redirect my energies elswhere. I accept that I will have spikes. OCD is not cureable (unless there is a miracle), but it can be treated with therapy and medication. Other than that, I have to do my own work and get through the spikes without letting them get to me too much. I have been fortunate to have caught my OCD early on, but I can not imagine the pain others with much severe cases.

For all of you out there, keep going, and do not give up. Believe that you can make it. I know that I am not any of you, but as a sufferer of OCD, I know that it takes just about all of my energy to get through the hard times. It's scary. When I spike, it seems so real. So real, in fact, that the depression that stems from my anxiety puts me into a mental suicidal stupor. Thanks to treatment and hard work, I am able to realize that even in these dark times, there is always hope.

You can make it. There is always hope. Never forget that.

No comments: